Great news! Lighthouse is expanding, and adding meetings in more locations in Fairfield County. We are seeking committed, adult volunteers to facilitate. Lighthouse is a welcoming, inclusive and safe space where lesbian, gay, bi-sexual, transgender and questioning (LGBTQ) teens and their allies meet weekly. As a facilitator you will help provide kids with a safe place to go and be with their peers. We pride ourselves on being an enlightened asset to the community and hope you will consider becoming a part of our growing team!
Here are just a few benefits of becoming a Lighthouse facilitator.
- Becoming a valued resource to the LGBTQ community
- Assisting in the expansion of this unique and valuable program
- Making a difference!
The following are requirements for all facilitators:
- Facilitate at least 2 evening meetings per month
- Attend Kids In Crisis Volunteer Training (8 hours over 2 days)
- Always respect the anonymity and confidentiality of Lighthouse attendees
- Demonstrate responsibility, professionalism and rapport with the group
- Participate in and help organize group activities
For more information please contact Joe Belisle at email@example.com.