Youth Counselor, Full Time, AM / PM and Overnight Awake Shifts Available
- Cos Cob, CT 06807
Newborn to Adolescent Services
- Maintaining a therapeutic residential living environment for 12 residents
- Creative planning and active participation in client activities
- Learning and using crisis intervention skills;
- Teaching life skills to children and adolescents;
- Contributing to client case files;
- Setting a good example and serving as a role model
- Collaborating with a talented multidisciplinary team to find innovative solutions for engaging and working with the kids.
- Spanish Fluency a plus
- Flexible work schedule. Availability to work AM and PM shifts. . Please specify your schedule of interest when applying
- A passion for working with children and adolescents.
- A true team player who enjoys collaborating with others.
- Creativity and flexibility, with a sense of humor and a willingness to roll up your sleeves.
- BA required + relevant experience
- CPR required at hiring; Med Admin Cert, Phone Training, TCI within six months.
- Valid drivers’ license
Compensation / Benefits:
- $30,000 /yr ($14.42/hr)
- 11 paid holidays
- Vacation / Sick PTO
- Health Benefits (non-compensatory $10,000)
- Health Savings Account (HSA) company contribution and match
- 403b Retirement contribution and company match
Kids In Crisis is Connecticut’s ONLY free, round-the-clock agency providing emergency shelter, crisis counseling and community educational programs for children of all ages and families dealing with a wide range of crises, including domestic violence, mental health and family problems, substance abuse, economic difficulties and more.
Kids In Crisis prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression and any other factor protected by law. This applies, consistent with applicable law, to all phases of employment, including recruitment, compensation, benefits, participation in all company-sponsored employee activities, events, and programs