Kids in Crisis Wish List
- New good quality backpacks (Jansport or similar type backpacks are most needed for our teens to carry all those heavy books!)
- Gift cards for back-to-school clothes would be GREATLY appreciated (MasterCard, Visa, AMEX, Old Navy, Target, and Stamford Mall are all helpful)
- 3- and 5- subject notebooks
- 3 ring binders – 1” and 2”, flexible or hard covered
- Subject dividers (for inside binders)
- Pocket folders – with and without 3 ring binder holes
- Pencil cases - with and without 3 ring binder holes
- Mechanical pencils
- Crayola markers – fine line, super tips, and regular
- New, reusable lunch bags
- Basic calculators
- Gift cards for back-to-school supplies
Ethnic hair products (local pharmacy chains all have ethnic hair products section):
- Combs and brushes
- Ponytail holders
- Barrettes (large size ones)
- Shampoos (that are specific for African American Hair)
- Conditioners (that are specific for African American Hair)
- Head scarves
- Doo rags
- Wave pomade
For the Shelters:
- Duffel bags (new or gently used)
- New knife set (with assorted sizes for dinner prep) and knife sharpener
- Kitchen dish set(s)
- Dinner utensils
- Flat irons (new only please)
- Alarm clocks (with radios)
- Food processor - new or gently used, in good working condition
- Vacuum cleaners - new or gently used, in good working condition
Computers for the Shelters:
- We are seeking up to 2 gently used computers in good, working condition for the residents to do their homework. Space saving, all-in-one computers would be ideal. Good working laptops may also work.
- Movie theater gift cards/certificates
- Sponsor an outing – Bridgeport Bluefish games, trip to Norwalk Maritime Center, Chelsea Piers, or other fun off-campus outings!
- Give the gift of cooking to our residents by gifting one or more cooking kits to Kids in Crisis. Visit http://www.raddishkids.com/ to order.
- MasterCard, Visa, AMEX
- Art Supply Stores – Michael’s, AI Friedman
- CVS or Walgreens
- Wal-Mart/Target/Old Navy/other clothing stores
- Local eateries – Baskin Robbins, Gopher, Rosie’s Frozen Yogurt, Dunkin Donuts, etc.
Donating items from our Wish List is a wonderful way for individuals, school, community, and corporate groups to assist the Agency with some of our most pressing needs. If you or your group would like to start a collection on our behalf, please contact Jasmine Gorey at 203.622.6556 or
for more information and/or to schedule a drop-off time.
Regretfully, we cannot accept used clothing, games, books or stuffed animals.